Tuesday, September 3, 2013

First Day, Third Grade, Too Cool For School.

Just over a week ago this guy started the 3rd grade.  He is crazy, wild, hilarious and a cuddler.


We were and we weren't ready for it to start.
We were ready for structure, we weren't ready for mornings. 
(we aren't exactly what you might call "morning people")

And getting him to take "normal" pictures is like pulling teeth.
It is a very rare occasion to get a decent one.                

I snapped some shots of him from afar on his walk home from school with the neighbors.  I am so sneaky. Once I was caught he was not about to comply, I wanted to get a shot of how dirty and grass stained his new jeans got on the very first day!...he wouldn't let me.
 
Soph and I made some "Happy 1st day of school" cupcakes for him, in his favorite color of course.
Jackson had some friends over for celebratory cupcakes and Xbox.  He was very excited about not having homework all week! He even reminded me every day he got home for the rest of the week.

Here was my favorite part of this day, while I was interrogating him about his first day of school (he NEVER offers up info, I have to pry it out of him), I asked what his most favorite part of the day was and this was his exact response:
"I can't believe I am saying this Mom, but everything was my favorite."

I couldn't have been happier to hear that he had such a good first day and enjoyed every part of it.

*now I might cry a tiny bit because I can't believe my little bud is in 3rd grade, holy cow.

2 comments:

  1. Your bog makes me cry every time I read it. I might have to stop reading it. I love the picture of you and Jackson, it turned out so cute! I am so glad he had a good first day and I hope his whole year is nothing but awesome!!! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gosh you make cute kids!!! look at those two! love them!!!!

    ReplyDelete