Monday, August 15, 2011

WWWWhhhhaaaaat?

This morning this kid (whom I can barely carry to his bed anymore) started the first grade!
He was feeling pretty confident when we left the house this morning. On the drive to school I asked him (for about the 5th time in the last 24 hours) "are you nervous?" when all previous replies had been "NO!" this time he calmly said, "I might be a little bit scared about mostly everything". Notice the nerves setting in a little as we arrive to his class...

He was sure that he wanted me to walk him to his class (which is good cause I needed that more than him) and VERY SURE that he did not want me to walk INTO his class! I was not allowed past the door:) I lingered for a bit at my station, even though he refused to acknowledge me. All day I kept thinking "is it normal to call the school to check on your kid?" I should have known that he was fine! By the time I picked him up he was a pro! (a little excited about the big playground)

Side note: Last weekend in the car Jackson asked me if I would get him an iPod for his birthday, I thought on it for a second then said "sure!" then Sophie, clearer than anything she has ever said, and with perfect timing and inflection said "Wwwwhhhhhhaaaat". (Sounded just like the minion on Despicable Me) So now we can't stop saying that at everything:)

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. If this comment shows up it will be a miracle! Thank you for changing this post. I see Jackson very regularly but when I looked at these pics I couldn't believe how big he has gotten! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jamie. He has gotten so big! I can't believe that he is in first grade already. You have a first grader. Sorry, but it's so crazy to me! He's such s cutie and looks so cute in those glasses! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Krizi, you agree with Jamie that it was a smart move to change from my last post? haha! kidding J-me. He is totally a monster and does not want anything to do with me anymore...when did that happen? I thought that wasn't until high school?

    ReplyDelete